Former Toshiba Electronic Industry Co., Ltd.
- Formed as Kobe Factory of Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd. began manufacturing marine radio equipment.
- In corporate restructuring due to antitrust laws, began life as Tokyo Electric Radio Co.,Ltd., a Toshiba group company.
- Name changed to Toshiba Electronic Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Head office moved to Yokohama.
Former Tokyo Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Began as Tokyo Electronic Heating Research founded. Began manufacturing of communications equipment and radio-frequency heating equipment.
- Received capital investment from Toshiba Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd. and Tokyo Broadcasting System Inc., and began manufacturing of television cameras, imaging equipment, audio equipment, and communications equipment. Name changed to Tokyo Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd.
Former Toshiba Communication Systems Corporation
- Manufactured first domestically-produced ITV at Komukai Factory of Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd.
- Moved to the Hino Factory of Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd. Electrical Telecommunications Division.
- Merged with Toshiba Telecommunications Field Engineering Corp., and Toshiba Telecommunication System Engineering Corp., acquiring part of the telecommunications systems design and manufacturing organizations from the Toshiba Hino Factory, started as Toshiba Communication Systems Corporation.
- Toshiba Communication Systems Corporation took over Toshiba Corporation's communication system business as result of acquisition.
Tokyo Electronic Industry Co., Ltd.
- Companies merged and were renamed to Tokyo Electronic Industry Co., Ltd. Head office moved to Hino-shi, Tokyo. Initial capital is 1.3 million yen (72.8% Toshiba, 20% Tokyo Broadcasting System).
- Capital increased to 260 million yen.
- Achieved ISO9001 certification (for imaging equipment).
- Achieved ISO9001 certification (for information equipment and radio-frequency generator).
- Achieved ISO14001 certification.
Toshiba Teli Corporation
- Name changed to Toshiba Teli Corporation
- Achieved OHSAS18001 certification.
- Transferred power supply business to Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation.
Advocated New Corporate visions "Creation" as a Company Specialized in Image.